1) Care less about whether my coworker is having a weird day. I’ll leave it at that, because honestly there are still days where I am just too weirded out by her behaviour to have a conversation, but I will try to be more sociable. Maybe one day I can actually not give a shit at all. Now that I think about it, I should probably . . .
2) Pay my therapist a visit. Dealing with my coworker has caused me to get a bit mentally tangled up, so I could really use my therapist’s sound advice and guidance.
2) Eat better. So far so good. I don’t expect to give up sugar forever, but the excess has to stop. My body has been waving a white flag for a while now.
3) Drag my ass to the gym. I am fricking paying for it, after all. It was fine to take a break, and I really should take care to not overdo it as I did a few months ago, but seriously, Me, get off the couch.
4) Meditate more. Ugh, this one I’m a bit uncertain about. I seem to try too hard and take things too seriously and generally psych myself out completely. Perhaps it would be more realistic to . . .
5) Make it to a few Shambhala meditation nights. My brain seems less inclined on galloping in circles when other people are around, particularly if they are experienced practitioners.
6) Read another good book on meditation. Turning the Mind Into an Ally was excellent, but I think I need to try reading The Mindful Way through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness for its psychological approach to meditation.
Edit: Mere minutes before I posted this, I overheard my coworker talking about a “brown guy”, and the bulk of the story seemed to be entirely intertwined with how the situation was funny because he was brown. Aspiration 1 is going to become DON’T FUCKING CHOKE THE BITCH, BECAUSE THEN YOU WILL GO TO JAIL AND THAT WOULD SUCK.